Tuesday, December 11, 2012

THE GREAT ONES (BOOKS AND SETS) FOR SALE

Many cool, older, and memorable items will be on display, for SALE (I have to throw that in to disappoint those who treat things like this as something I "aimlessly do" with all my spare time--don't ask me to explain it--I can't!)

Thursday afternoon at 1101 W. 4th St., Davenport, IA. From 1-5 p.m.

Lots of books, many in original hardcover, and lots of chess sets, too many for me to have them all ready for this Thursday so I will try to make a representative selection.

In the book realm there are all kinds of ENDINGs books by Averbakh, Smyslov, etc. in DN and alg. not. Batsford and Pergamon.

Middlegame books 1-2 by Euww and Kramer.

Kasparov books, autographed... I hope they never release these in paperback because they will almost be non-sellers.

Chess Informant books on combinations, the middlegame and many of their other projects I'm sure.

Bound Chess Life's, CHESS, Helm's American Chess Bulletin, Chess Digest and who knows what else?

At this time prefer to sell complete sets rather than one here or there. If I was selling your collection (who knows? I've sold famous and infamous ones) would you want ME to divide it up and have left overs? This is a "consignment sale" too much in the way of desirables to be able to afford to buy like I used to do in the 90s. But... the good jazz is here, all in English it appears.

Hope you can make it. Maybe do something out of the box for a change, eh? I am. I'm going to my shop when I would rather work out of my office and will be lugging things down there and back. That's hours lost right there.

Bob

PS: If there is something special you would like me to hold for you because you can't make it, let me know. I am already creating a MENTAL "watch list."

As to the 1 BOND Street series of 6 by Purdy, the subscriptions are trending upward. Several more today. Someone asked me if there would be a Gold Card price and I said the $99 is it. The Butler price will go up at the end of the year. NOW, for a brief time, if you are  a customer, of any kind, you can subscribe at the $99 price. I know some will forget (probably people like me) and ask if they can get the "favorable" price later and then that defeats the purpose of rewarding those who ACT NOW. $99. The GOOD stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment