Thursday, November 22, 2012

A DEED AND A WISH FOR YOU

I did something different for Thanksgiving this morning which I haven't done for years--I went to a Thanksgiving Mass at 9 a.m. (when I would have preferred to sleep in since I seldom get to do that).

Interestingly, the church was almost full! Even the presiding priest said he hadn't seen anything like that in a long time! Maybe, for a change, everyone is thankful instead of selfish (don't bet the farm on that but I am having a "silver lining" in the cloud moment!) Yes, things could be worse, but the Gospel told it all:

10 lepers came across Jesus on his way to Galilee (?) They asked him to heal them. On their way to show the priest they had been cleansed, one came back and said "Thank you." Jesus asked, "Were there not ten? Where are the others."

The crazy part, the one who came back was a Samaritan, a foreigner! This was not lost on Jesus.

So I felt especially thankful this morning for all of you who take your time to read this bit of blurby and who keep coming back, even Ron Suarez who keeps telling me I am "insulting" and yet he reads it again!! and again!!

I love you all and for those who do business with me as The Chess Butler, I thank you especially, you help me keep the wolf away. But I am afraid that Lionel (the wolf) is after my refrigerator!

Peace

Bob Long

PS: As I have noted elsewhere, my home/office address at 1524 LeClaire St., Davenport will be open tomorrow from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for some refreshments, maybe a little chess, and chess sales! Thank you all. Maybe I can find some Holiday Music.

No comments:

Post a Comment