Some time back I had redone the Bobby Fischer t-shirts which were made in 2002 (I think), in glorious color.
Gratefully, it produced several orders.
My main reason for producing it was not so much income but because:
1) I liked it and mine was finally wearing out after a couple dozen (or more) washings;
2) I knew others would like it as it also included some other heroes (Lasker, Capa, and Alekhine);
3) I was on great terms with the printer who was also working on my "BlunderBust Training Board" (made in America);
4) I had in mind a couple gifts to some business friends and one really close friend;
5) And, the designer, Bill Hannan, was going to start work on another shirt for me. A second shirt in the trilogy line (1st one was Merlin for the Critical Secret for Success at Chess and anything else) because a second book is coming out this Fall (October 26-28).
They were produced in sizes L and XL.
Naturally I knew I was going to hear from someone who asks, "What about us XXL guys?" Well, glad you asked. I decided to do a small number of those too after being asked. And I wrote back to that fellow (twice) and never heard from him.
Yes, I am aware we are in the stage of America where people are getting chubbier and sassy, but, I thought, "Why not? Take their dough before their cholesterol puts them on their back, but... at least they will look great in a nice, new, and crisp t-shirt with art of one of the greatest chess players of all time."
I will be picking them up this afternoon.
Here is the pricing gang 'o mine. Robert's Rangers:
L and XL, $20 each. That's 20% off the $25 retail for these beauties, in white cotton.
XXL, $23 (because, there's a lot more material needed to make one).
And I can't forget, because t-shirts is a NON-media item, shipping to places like NY and California costs a lot more. Add $9.95 for the shipping and handling (I have to put them in a box, right? I remember many years ago ordering some clothes from someone and they returned them to me (they were a gift) in a paper BAG! All scrunched up, but it probably saved them $2.00. Complete turn off eh?
PLUS, I put these babies in a clean polyethylene bag.
One other thing
All ready to ship. I only made up less than a dozen of these, so if you are a procrastinator, you won't get one. Instead they will be selling on eBay, later on, for some ridiculous price (none of it my doing, I don't have the time for that).
So I was stupid for taking the word of someone who said they wanted one but who couldn't be responsible enough to write back (oh, I am sure he is on vacation (but, between you and me, he has his laptop with him!)). Don't be similarly mind-blanked by putting it off.
You can save $$$ and also get a gift for someone favorite in your life.
PS: I am aware there are women who have worn the very large t-shirts I've sold, as nightshirts. So you can let your imagination roam on that one!
Yes, we take PayPal. Just go to the PayPal web site, login, click on the tab "Send Money" and fill in: the above email address as the person to whom you are sending it to (me). It couldn't be much simpler (oh, I know it could, but trust me, this works).