Tuesday, May 1, 2012

FILLING IN THE CRACKS

Hmmmm... something suspicious here. I lost a day!

I got to the keyboard this morning and was going to start my last quarter sales taxes for the state of Iowa and the date was MAY 1. What happened?

What happened is that I thought (?) Sunday was April 28th and it was the 29th. I mis-anchored it with the wrong birthday date for a friend. Don't think I've done that one before.

So it should be an interesting day. I will get knicked for being "late" and since I am late, I may as well finish up something else since the "penalty" will be the same, but then... when stuff gets put off, it is easier to do it again... blah blah.

Got an interesting email this morning from Rich Bohms. He took the bull by the horns and created his own weight loss program and it's working (slowly eliminating Mountain Dew was a big one). He hates exercise but he CAN exercise self-discipline and is and he wrote to tell me about it. Secondly, he has dropped, after lo these many years, his self-consumption with the Blackmar-Diemer Gambit. He happened upon a line which puts the kibosh on for White and now he is after some more "sensible" chess opening materials.

Can Rich have a second life besides weight loss and chess? Yes. He loves anything to do with the Indy 500.

My point? Chess improvement, life improvement IS possible. You just GOTTA WANNA. Really want to make a change. It's easy to cruise, then we are old, then we die. Postpone it for awhile... LIVE. In two weeks I will be in Cleveland taking my own medicine.

Back to finishing up SCORE this week for Friday.

bob@thinkerspressinc.com

1 comment:

  1. Rick might be interested in the Grob Challenge?

    See: http://farbrortheguru.blogspot.se/2012/04/grob-challenge-revisited.html

    ReplyDelete