Saturday, May 26, 2012

ALL "SHOOK" UP!

In Cleveland recently there was a vendor I met who told the crowd about an item named "SHOOK." We were all suitably impressed, even though I've been making them for some time ("Chess Gangs of New York and London"). As more details come to light, I'll share them with you. The two owners of this amazing imagery thing they had may be involved in the new chess training board I am making... we'll have to see.

BULLET
Thanks for not being cranky about my not having a Blog up here every day like I used to. I've just been really, really busy. Does that mean that when a Blogger has something up all the time he/she isn't busy? Unless that person is getting paid to blog (what an ugly word), I would have to say "Not too busy at that moment."

BULLET
According to my Blogger Stats about 70 other people read these pages who do not register! That is, about 1/3rd reveal themselves. I suspect the number is higher because I am sure some only check in here once in a while.

BULLET
Lately I've been working, day after day, on "another secret weapon." Can't tell you what yet, but one VERY important aspect is that it won't be reported here. To receive it, benefits, and gifts, you have to send me your real name, address (physical) and email address. One MAIN reason is so that I will know WHERE to send the stuff by postal delivery ("Doh" as Homer S. would say). It has to do with chess, not insurance, not another darn credit card application, etc.

BULLET
In some of my reports I will refer to myself as the "Secrets Guy" or "Secrets Man" because I've been turning up a lot of them and a new book in my Trilogy series will make its way into the ether in October of this year at the Fall Chess Classic. There's a whole lot more to chess than what you are fed by some web sites or even the FIDE Armageddon machine--really cool and entertaining stuff.

BULLET
Some of you know that I spent 5 days in Cleveland a week ago and the experience was exhilarating. On the first day of the conference I was taught NOTHING I didn't already know, by some of the smartest guys in the room. (One Chicago guy said I could be teaching on the platform--but that's not so much my style.)

On the second day there were "cracks" showing. That is, wiggle room for me to learn a little more... and glad of it!

On the third day I sat next to a guy I really wanted to meet! Actually, he sat down next to me! We became acquainted and again, by accident, I met him and a friend of his later that evening for a 2-3 hour "bull session." It was fabulous stuff but did we talk about "business?" Hardly at all... but it became clear a couple days later that was the smartest move to make (if indeed it was even a move). The details will come out later in a Special Report--which will be made to a select few. It had to do with a Non-Disclosure agreement I had sent out earlier to 85 people, of which 40 replied! The other 45? A big mistake fellows, yet someone told me that my 47% response rate was almost off the charts (one guy, who I saw at the event, the main man, was getting 60%!--but he had done this for years--for me, it was my first time).

BULLET
Why I've been busy: The quickie details are that I am currently working on many projects and holding some people's feet to the fire and others, not so successful at that. Sadly, just like employees, the stragglers will have to eventually be let go as a business can't be run on promises which do not pan out and probably NEVER would pan out. Some people want to be on the train with the engineer, the conductor, and the chef, but they are only along for the ride and have to be let off at the next stations when it turns out they have nothing meaningful to contribute, even if it comes to only "raising one's hand."

BULLET
As "things" unfold, stay here with me. I will write when I have time (this is Memorial Day weekend, so I have an extra hour). Check your email boxes and your mail in the next 2-3 weeks if you are known to me. Will also entertain those who live in foreign countries too, if, you let me know who you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment