Saturday, February 18, 2012

IT'S ANOTHER FREEBIE!

This time I need some input from readers. If you send me a couple favorite questions of yours, concerning chess, I will do something for you. Yep.

TEN AND TEN QUESTIONS
Up to ten questions you would like to have answered.

And somewhere down the line I will add 10 questions you should have asked!

Be sure you send questions to my email address: bob@thinkerspressinc.com, that way I will hopefully have your email address and your name so I can send you the PDF answers.

There are two types of questions I am looking for:

A) What you want to know an answer to (no analysis, I charge for that); and

B) What kind of effort have you made to find out, if any, this answer?

The problem, I know from experience, at least with the internet, is that people want quickie solutions to their problems but aren't (often) willing to put any of their own effort into finding out, especially if they Google or Bing it and Wikipedia doesn't know!

I don't mind different people sending me the same question. All I want is a genuine question(s).

I will do my best to answer these questions and make a PDF and send this information back to you (to those who give me an email address). So... none of this, "Why are the squares on a chessboard dark and light?" type stuff. This isn't chess philosophy 101.

This could be really worthwhile and I am willing to let this "effort" run for several days on my Blog. The most difficult people to hear from are those who think they know it all, already, whereas as historians like Edward Winter or Ken Whyld would have lots of questions. That's because they "know" (sort of) what they don't know... and there is a ton of that.

AS AN ACT OF CHESS CHARITY, THESE QUESTIONS CAN HELP OTHERS GET BETTER TOO!

bob@thinkerspressinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment