Sunday, February 5, 2012

EVERY NOW AND THEN...

Some good news filters in. This morning I received links to a web site (somewhere) from Patrik O. and Ron N... about the recent TPi book: Abbazia 1912. Here is what it said:


As you may know there is a great chess serverschemingmind.com, where you can play games with good level players. One can also participate in team leagues and that’s my case as well.
I am a proud member of team called Advanced Beginners together my great Twitter fellows @farbrortheguru@ellazwart@logiske and@64rdb64. The first named one is also our team captain.
During the last season of the team league he announced a small competition for the best commented game. I sent three of my games and as I was the only who did it I won the competition by default. OK, I admit it was an easy win :)
This week I received a prize from @farbrortheguru as the best commentator of our team. The prize is a rare book (only 100 copies have been printed!) with games from King’s Gambit Accepted tournament Abbazia 1912. It was a tournament where players like Rudolf Spielmann (winner), Oldrich Duras, Richard Reti or Erich Chon participated.
It is a very good book for all players who like King’s Gambit Accepted and sharp and concrete style of playing. The book also contains a few games from the 2011 Red Wings King’s Gambit Accepted tournament in Minnesota.
Thank you, @farbrortheguru for the book! You hit my taste! ;)
Thinkers' Press still has copies at $30, postage paid, to anywhere in the USA. If you don't like or appreciate gambits then it is better to pass this by.
bob@thinkerspressinc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment