Saturday, September 3, 2011

THE "TI'S"

We have the literati, the cognoscenti, and the digerati. Somewhat snobbish folks. A little snobbery is good for the soul if done in a humorous way, i.e., playful, and possibly educating without sitting on too high a horse.

I am what some would call an "Apple snob." I admit it. But I have fun too.

Today I am giving away something to the readers of this column. All you need to do is tell me you read it in the "chesstoast" blog (contact me: bob@thinkerspressinc.com) and ask for the "Immortal Zukertort Game" against Blackburne.

This was presented last Thursday night at the Gentlemens Chess Club and it seemed to be favorably received by those present.

It's 3-pages in PDF.

Mr. Blackburne was writing about this event and I couldn't help but to chuckle at his comments and the fact that Mr. Zukertort "drew himself up to his full height..." But the comment about "bad plays" being found out by the audience bowled me over.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment