Friday, August 26, 2011

PANELISTS OPPORTUNITIES

The Marines are looking for a few good men. I'm looking for a few good writers.

For what? For The Chess Gazette, a newsletter I have published, off and on, since the 80s! I brought it back a few issues ago, in 2011. At one time it had over 500 "subscribers" (it was FREE). It still is FREE, but, that might change.

However, I watched an excellent webinar the other night with Mary Ellen Tribby on newsletters and this lady clearly KNOWS what she is talking about. She says I should have people writing FOR me. I've done that before, but now it's time to get reconnected.

I am looking for, great content and, some pretty good authors. This is a non-paying job, it's about getting YOU out in front where people can read YOUR stuff too and I will function primarily as the editor in chief while writing occasional pieces too. I will have a professional organization deliver the goods to readers.

And I can do some things for you too, which I will discuss with you when you send me your chessic resume. "What will I write about?" you may ask. I will ask you, "What do you think you should write about?"

I know lots of people read this Blog even though only 20 or so are registered. You might be a grandmaster. You might have written a book or two, or made a DVD. You may have had some big successes or big flops. You may have won some big $$$ tournaments. Readers will find this stuff FASCINATING--I can guarantee you. There are a lot of things you may be THE EXPERT on whereas I can only report them. I remember, for example, being the VOR (vendor of record) at a US Open when some jerk ran off with the PAIRING cards... if you don't think that caused a commotion, you must've been sleeping.

You might be a writer or editor for a chess publishing company. Just let me know. I am not as interested in yours creds as I am, "Can you write for consumption?" and "Can you deliver on time?" PhDs mean nothing to me, and basically never have. If you have one and you can write, I am interested. If you went to the Iowa Writer's Workshop (very prestigious), great... but can you write for chess players? Maybe better than you realize.

Art you gifted in the area of art? Want more publicity? Contact me.

Chess, in my opinion, is going to take a BIG turn with The Chess Gazette. I look forward to hearing from you.

Contact: bob@thinkerspressinc.com

You have no idea where this is going, but I do (or, think I do...LOL)... and it will be big... BIG!

Bob Long, publisher and editor at Thinkers' Press, inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment