Monday, August 22, 2011

CHESS SALES IN PERSON

I will be at the Iowa Open for one day this weekend, Saturday. I will have details of where the event is being held and when I expect to be there.

If you would like to meet, purchase a couple things, ask questions... will be available.

Still working on Purdy's Chess Chronicles #3. It's a gas.

Later...

Bob

NOTE: Today New in Chess Yearbook admitted that there has been a "logistical problem" and that Yearbook 99 may be available for 98. I wonder what that problem could be!? Sent the shipment to Tanu Tuva? Printed the books sideways? I was told this several months ago and when I relayed to customers I had the feeling that something really wonky was going on, but I didn't know what. Two suppliers have told em the same thing.

Years ago a pasteup guy working for me did a book on Alekhine's Defense wrong. I had it printed and when I saw the book, I had to trash $1200 worth of stuff right away. We redid it right, raised the price a few dollars and the book sold like a boat anchor! The book was good, but going from $12.95 to $15.95 so "petrified" some people that the book was a highlight on the worst-seller list. Now I am sure it is rare as hen's teeth. There is little room for forgiveness in the book business.

Will give address info and other data for this Saturday tomorrow. Have nothing in the cupboard (you'd believe me if you saw it) so am heading to the grocery store. Borders is offering me 50-70% off on what I want to buy there, but as much as I look Borders, I can't see anything there that I want.

Purdy Chess Chronicles #3 may go out tomorrow.

In the meantime, bob@thinkerspressinc.com

Thanks to all those who have subscribed to SCORE and who told me in THEIR email to me what they were looking for. Price is still $20.00.

Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment