Friday, July 1, 2011

RED WING POST AND SHOP HOURS + ADVANCE NOTICE

 The Red Wing brochure, #3, didn't go out last night because I added a page.

One reason for this Blog page is that sometimes when I send a PDF out, those who didn't read it (for whatever reason), can read some of the information here--but not all!

For example, in the brochure, #3 here are the tentative shop hours for G&L CHESS at 1101 W. 4th St., Davenport, IA 52803:
* Mondays (afternoon): 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
* Wednesdays (afternoon): 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
* Fridays (morning): 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
This is an attempt to skirt around lunch hours. While some used to visit during their lunch hours, Friday would be a good day for that (end of the week). The other hours are set so that I have time to pack orders and taken them to the post office (which is two blocks away from my downtown location). During the other times I will be working on projects such as the web site.

As mentioned on page 7 of the Red Wing brochure, I will have, in due time, books (new and used), chess sets, scorepads, clocks, etc. available for purchase.

If I should find a valuable person to sell or lease to, then my whole office reverts back to my home (1524 LeClaire St., Davenport, IA 52803).

No doubt some will be inconvenienced by my set hours but on the other hand, no one seems inconvenienced now, so we'll see how it goes. In the meantime, my phone # is still: 563-271-6657 for business calls.


ADVANCE NOTICE OF NEW, QUICK, USEFUL OPENING DVDs
Addressing a problem no one else has noticed, Andrew Martin and I have teamed up to create $24.95-$29.95 DVDs running approx. 90 mins.--and for the Club Player in All of Us.

Most likely a series of at least 8 DVDs, we have the first (4) titles worked out for Black, with something coming for White.

It's still in the creation stage and is not related to the SCORE journal. What we are attempting to do is to make the DVD video in England and design and burn it to DVD in the USA. The OTHER emphasis is SIMPLE, KEEP IT SIMPLE!

While it would be impossible to show all kinds of alternative lines, we are sticking with a routine of "main" systems where you can ask the "if" questions on your own. The problem with the vast majority of players is that they really don't know what the main lines of anything are except for WHAT they themselves play. Andrew, as a Master Coach (FIDE title), trainer, and openings' expert, has a very strong feel for this and I trust what he comes up with will not be tired-old-same-old. He's not like that.

A QUESTION I KEEP ASKING MYSELF...
Many years ago I played the black side of the Ruy Lopez, hoping to get the Marshall Attack as espoused by Frank Marshall, originally. My results were mediocre. I changed to the Nimzovich Defense, as Black, against 1.e4, and my rating climbed like a rocket. When I played 1.e4 and faced 1...e6 (the French), my results were, C-R-A-P. When I decided to include the black side of the French in my repertoire, I understood White a whole lot better and my results improved greatly (I won a lot of Alekhine-Chatard Attacks). SOMETIMES CHANGE IS GOOD.

The question I keep asking is, "If you are getting the same results (and your rating doesn't "wriggle" with the systems you are currently playing), don't you think a "change" is at least worth considering?

Let's be objective here. So Andrew plans to introduce things such as an "Unbreakable Repertoire for Black" for starters. This will include such systems as the Caro-Kann and Slav and offshoots such as 1.d4 d5 with no 2.c4 and playing against the English. This will be about 4 DVDs with 6 hours of play, but the DVDs will be individualistic. You can study as needed.

So the price will be amazingly affordable and you will get a GREAT BASIS for kicking ass. Like I said, the set will go for almost $100 to $120 in retail, but TPi will sell them for $79.95 (+$7 for S&H) or something like that IF you place your order and payment in advance. (That means an OPENINGS DVD for about $20 a piece!!) The money will be set aside in an ESCROW account so that if the series doesn't come off, again for whatever reason, I can fully refund the money with no problem. So if you want to get started right now, great. It sets up a fund to pay Andrew as soon as he is done. We hope to have these ready in time for the Oct. 21-22 Chess TNT event in Davenport IA (details not yet ready). You can save now. If you use PayPal or Credit cards, please add $3 to cover the cost of my bank charges or PayPal charges because I am working on thin margin on this. If you pay by check, Money Order, or cash, there is no extra $3 charge. They will sell for full retail AT the Chess TNT event and online.

Get goosed, get good.

Contact: bob@thinkerspressinc.com



No comments:

Post a Comment