Monday, July 18, 2011

THE CHESS CENTER OPENS WEDNESDAY JULY 20

Located at 1101 W. 4th St., Davenport, IA. 


Please do not send mail there however. Send mail to my other office: 1524 LeClaire St., Davenport 52803.

Tenant is finally gone. I've already been down there with a garbage bag policing the area, sidewalk, inside. Will have more to do tomorrow.

There will be lots of good stuff for SALE Wednesday and Friday (note hours below) so I can raise cash to pay the utility bills and get the lights back on. Hence, for a week or so there probably won't be any A/C... sorry. Next month I have to take the former occupier to court to get (try) money he owes me. While I would ordinarily say "Good luck on that," I KNOW a very good bill collector. Why is he good? He knows where the guy lives and what he owns unless tonight he moves everything to another country. Anything's possible.

How Good of a SALE?
Almost everything there (that's new) will be a minimum of 25% per cent off. Some things will be 50% off. But here's the KICKER. Only this week, only this Wednesday and this Friday. TWO DAYS.

This SALEincludes Books... DVDs... Equipment such as chess sets and boards, and hopefully clocks will be here by then. Maybe even big discounts on magazines.

What Else?
Purchasers of $25 or more (retail) will be given a COUPON good for $5 off of purchases in August. If your retail order is more than $100 (net), then I will give you a $10 Coupon for August. (I really want to get the Air back on.)

I intend to have events there eventually, do my packaging there, etc. BUT KNOW THIS... if I sell the building, of course all bets are off, so I urge you to get in to the above address THIS WEEK. No slouching, no reasons, no etc. GOOD DEALS only.


Here are the HOURS!
Wednesday -- July 20 (1 p.m. to 3 p.m.)

Friday -- July 22 (10 a.m. to 1 p.m.)

If business is GOOD (that is, people keep coming in to buy, I will stay open an extra half hour. If not, I close on the DOT. Have publication work to do to and get ready for Red Wing.

If you have a GOLD CARD and want to shop on Saturday, let me know and we might be able to arrange a time on the phone: 563-271-6657.

If you are looking for something in particular and want to make sure I will have it at the shop, let me know and I will bring it down... and you'll still get the Big Discount. I may have some used stuff too.


As always you can contact me at: bob@thinkerspressinc.com

2 comments:

  1. Bob, did you mean to put your home address above instead of repeating the business address?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOPE... it was a "mental typo." I meant: 1524 LeClaire St., Davenport, IA 52803.

    ReplyDelete